2013年9月27日星期五

June | 2013 | The BASK Experience


Will Smith says “Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice.”


No disrespect to Mr. Smith and After Earth, but what a load of crap. I experienced an unequivocable situation this weekend where both fear and danger were present. I didn’t create the fear through any thought process either. It slithered its way towards me in an effort to end my life.


That my friend is not created or imagined…it is very real!


Continue reading →





Kita as a puppy and with a working pancreas.

Kita as a puppy and with a working pancreas.



They say the things you do come back to haunt you. I’m not really sure what I did in my past lives, but my dog Nikita is ensuring I make up for it and then some.


We have two dogs. One male named Apollo, and one female named Nikita. Just so we are clear, by dogs I mean 100 pound furry humans. Apollo comes up to my knee, and Nikita isn’t too far behind. I’m sure from the Triple Threat’s perspective they resemble horses more than dogs.


Continue reading →




We are a musically inclined family.  If you interpret this to mean we enjoy good clean fun like the The Itsy Bitsy Spider or practicing our musical instruments you need to adjust your expectations.


What I’m talking about is more along the lines of an iPod, some Bose speakers and little breakdancing.  Nothing like quality family time.


Yesterday while driving home from daycare Nelly’s Ride Wit Me came on the radio.  This took me back to my happy place as I recounted all the wonderful times I had in college.  I turned up the volume, sang right along, and danced as much as you can while operating a motor vehicle.


No big deal right?
Continue reading →




The Triple Threat can’t swim. 


I don’t think this is highly unusual considering their age.  However, we want to take a vacation next year to Florida and the thought of them surrounded by drowning hazards with no evasive skills is disconcerting. 


With this in mind Craig and I (well, mainly just I) have decided to utilize our community pool this summer.  Besides, we have to pay HOA fees each year and this is the only perk included in our neighborhood.   We are too cheap to live in a neighborhood with basketball and tennis courts or community playgrounds.


I mentioned my intention of swimming education at work and was surprised to find I was not only behind the power curve, but I was cheap too.
Continue reading →


没有评论:

发表评论