2013年9月25日星期三

My Dog Has Pancreatitis....

I’m writing this in hopes of reaching out to others who may have gone through it and who have encouraging words or helpful information because right now I’m at a loss.



My dog has recently been diagnosed with pancreatitis. The vet had originally misdiagnosed him, saying that he had something stuck in his stomach. I knew this wasn’t right, but we went home and waited – as the vet instructed. A week later, things had greatly deteriorated and after another visit to a vet (a more experience vet) he properly diagnosed my 3 1/2 year old pooch has having pancreatitis.


While I’m glad we finally know what’s wrong with him, I am terrified. He’s on 100mg of pain meds a day, has lost over 10lbs, and barely eats the boiled chicken we make him. We have to hand feed him piece by piece. He refuses to eat the rice or potatoes the vet told us to make him.  I have done endless research on the internet about this but it’s always the same information.


I don’t know what to do anymore. We’ve been giving him small portions of chicken and soda crackers spread out during the day as to not over stuff his shrinking belly, which for the first day went down fine. He would even eat the soda crackers but just tonight I went to give him a few bites of chicken and crackers and he ate 2 pieces of chicken and spit it out.


If this keeps up my beloved pooch is going to just wither away and in a way it seems like that’s just what he wants to do.


If anyone has gone through this, please be in touch. Either with tips or tricks or just words of encouragement. I can’t stand seeing my BFF in so much pain..the vet says it can take up to 5 weeks to get better…but will it even get better? i don’t know how many more sleepless nights I can do while watching my baby pace endlessly.



没有评论:

发表评论