2013年9月14日星期六

Is it pancreatitis or it is heartburn? (for dogs)

This past year a vet diagnosed me with trouble with my pancreatitis and require a special diet. My mom put on me the recommended food to help with this new condition. Well, it made everything else even worse and as I just was not getting any better and stopped eating all together. The vet seemed perplexed and I have to go in for IVs of fluids and medication. I spent less than 24 hours with the vet and was sent home. I still would not eat. Any time I was presented with food I would either run away, throw up or both.


In hopes of getting me to eat my aunt made some chicken thinking that if she pretended to eat it that I would want it. I really did but every time I went down to the bowl I felt so sick. My mom was distraught and picked me up and had me cradled in her arms, tilting me back at a slight angle. My aunt held up a piece a chicken and I was able to eat it and not feel sick. Suddenly, it dawned on my mom that perhaps the actually problem was heartburn. She went online and found that dogs can be given zantac (dosage depends on size of dog).


I am still on a special diet but have been able to eat with relative easy.



没有评论:

发表评论